It’s that time of year where we have a lot of rain in our forecast. Spring - it brings so much beauty, yet so much wet weather. Sometimes it’s hard to come up with new ideas to keep little ones busy. So, we’re doing it for you!
Here’s a list of our favorite activities to do with kids when it's gloomy outside:
- Make food together in the kitchen. Clean out your pantry and let your kid decide what they want to make - it may not taste great but you’ll have fun doing it. Or, checkout our list of Healthy meals to create with kids.
- Build with cups. For this activity, simply take plastic disposable cups and let your child build and be creative! It is simple, but you may be surprised at how entertained your child can be with this.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar Experiments. Baking soda + vinegar = lots of fun! You can find 5 fizzy experiments in this post.
- Car wash. Create a car wash for toy vehicles using your sink! Just fill the sink up with soapy water, have a bucket of water to rinse with, and add a towel.
- Upcycled Crafts. If you want to make a craft check out our list here.
- Window Markers. They are just like markers, but to draw on your windows. The best part is that they are easy to clean up! All you do is just wipe with a wet cloth.
What rainy day ideas do you have? Send them in to us!
Supernow is a virtual program designed to teach kids ages 5-10 important social and emotional skills and supercharge their development into happy and healthy future grown-ups.
Learn more and sign up for a free trial at campsupernow.com